Stereo upgrade help (phone kit)

Big dubs

I may have missed this but I have used the search button and couldn't see anything. I have just picked up my 350 today and looking at replacing the bose head unit. Is there a way of making the phone button on the steering wheel work with an aftermarket h/u? I want to retain full functionality of the steering wheel! Or is my only option to repair my original unit?

If this has been covered before I do apologise in advance but new to the forum so go easy :-)

Any advice on this will be great Wayne.

If you replace the headunit, you'll need a steering wheel adapter.

This will allow you to control the basic functions like volume or track but will not let you control the phone.

You'll find that the phone buttons will generally do something - on my Pioneer they change the source.

If you replace the headunit, you'll need a steering wheel adapter.

This will allow you to control the basic functions like volume or track but will not let you control the phone.

You'll find that the phone buttons will generally do something - on my Pioneer they change the source.

+1

Both the HU's I had you had to press the screen of the HU to answer or you could set auto answer :thumbs:

Thanks guys for the input my other option is to look at getting a spruce up on the bose h/u. Who does this and is it expensive? It has the common left channel quiet/silent fault and the cd skips a little but not a lot.