I can't bear this noise any more...

sloutrou

Hi all,

About this time last year I had my clutch replaced as it was deemed by Nissan as 'heavy and worn', I had all sorts of other parts that needed replacing around about the same time, but that's another story. :rant:

I ordered the OEM clutch kit from ZMANALEX :yahoo: and had it fitted, all fine until round about the beginning of this year when, from cold, when the clutch is down, it makes the exact same noise as this video:

I asked ZMANALEX about it being an issue with the throwout bearing, but he said there was one provided in the kit, so I can only assume this was replaced at the same time. But the noise, which is usually only from cold, is driving me insane and I don't know what it could be apart from the bearing!

Anyone else had the same issue who might have a remedy, it's at Nissan on Thurday for a P3 so will probably have to ask them to fix it at whatever cost :scare:

Jez

Sound like crank spiggot bearing? Part is only a couple of quid but you have to take the box off to replace it. It should have been replaced with the clutch but doesn't come with most kits.

Edited by Jez

I have same issue with mine! Started about 3 months after new clutch and fly fitted. Not as bad as the video but it does annoy the hell out of me. would this do any damage if it is lef?, only happens occasionally in the first few mins of driving

• 4 weeks later...

Contrary to the title it may seem, I have actually found that starting the car and leaving it for 3 or 4 minutes in the morning before I leave for work alleviates the noise, it's still a pain in the behind but it's an expensive niggle when you think about it, once you've paid for the gearbox to be dropped out grrrr :scare:

Yeah ive had clutch replaced too, gutted I couldnt sort that at the same time. Mine has made that noise for 2.5+ years and it has't got any worse. Deffiently annoying though makes me feel like im driving a piece of @*!# banger..

That's the problem though, psychologically it makes you feel like you're driving a cheap-as-hell ford and not a sports car. I will probably end up arranging with Nissan to replace the throwout bearing, and I'm happy to pay whatever it's going to cost in labour, but only if they can assure me that by changing the bearing it will sort the noise out, i.e. I'm not paying to have my gearbox dropped out more than once.

my throwout bearing was changed with the clutch a year ago, I think the noise stopped for about a month then was back to normal so I kind of gave up on it. Unless it ia something else I dont know

Edited by scottyd