Removing cubby hole button?

Fluke

Is there any way to remove just the cubby hole button on a preface lift car, without taking the console to pieces?

My button is scratched and needs repainting, but the rest is okay.

You will need to remove the whole centre console, not a huge job...

I think from memory once it is removed and the cubby is off the back unscrews revealing the button and assembly :thumbs:

I have a spare in my garage I could take some pics if you can wait till friday as I am away on business at the mo....

Ive got a 2006 GT (facelift mod) and had the same problem. If its the front centre button you are talking about then the rear of the door comes off with 6 small screws, which allows you to refurb the button. I sanded, primered, painted and clear coated mine and it looks well smart. P.S You will need a stubby phillips screwdriver and a standard screwdriver to prise the back of the door. Jonny :teeth:

Ive got a 2006 GT (facelift mod) and had the same problem. If its the front centre button you are talking about then the rear of the door comes off with 6 small screws, which allows you to refurb the button. I sanded, primered, painted and clear coated mine and it looks well smart. P.S You will need a stubby phillips screwdriver and a standard screwdriver to prise the back of the door. Jonny :teeth:

Thanks for the reply, mine is a a preface lift. When I lift the lid I can see 2 screws in side near the front, but that's about it. Do I need to remove the console, then remove the cubby to get access to the lid?