Roof problems

pcw1982

Hello all,

I have an 05 Roadster and the roof has been playing up. I had a problem a couple of years back where the roof wouldn't close properly and my local Nissan garage said the switches were worn out but they managed to get it going again without replacing.

All has been ok for ages but the roof seems to be sticking before fully opening and I have to close part way then open and it works ok.

Does anyone know if this is the same switch issue? If so anyone know what it might cost to get it sorted? Should I go to Nissan for this or are there any recommended garages to use? i'm based in East Sussex.

Roof fabric is also in a bit of a mess, needs repalcing, again idea of costs and recommendations for where to go out be good.

Thanks

IMO be very careful of giving the car to a dealer to sort it out. I did this and they had it for six months and ended up throwing parts at it which in my opinion they damaged. The roof will play up when its not warm and the trick seems to be to keep the parts well greased and open and close it frequently. My roof still sticks and needs a helping hand now and again but after a couple of attempts its fine.