Samuri display at Donington

martinmac

As the weather may finally be pickig up this may be worth a visit at the weekend. This is JKs original post but the stand is all sorted and confirmed now.

Hi All,

As a few people already are aware I have been thinking for a while about trying to organise a Samuri get-together, I have spoken with quite a few Samuri owners and a few of the club comittee members here and am now just making it public, as time goes so quickly and spring will be here before we know it.

Although this is still very much in the planning stages I am thinking along the lines of the Donington Historic Festival, which is the whole weekend of Friday 3rd, Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th of May next year, mainly because it’s a fairly central location in the UK for cars to get to and lots of other stuff going on for visitors to see. There's a link at the bottom of the post to the Donington Historic website.

Initial enquiries to Donington are very positive and they would love to have such an event as part of the Historic next year and once I can register the club as attending next month we will get a dedicated parking area in the infield, plus a two-for-one ticket offer etc, etc full details and prices to be confirmed later by Donington and as they are I will let everyone know.

So far everyone I have talked to about this has responded really positively, and as this will be a joint venture with both the Z Club and the Classic Z Register, I hope we can get a good representation of not just Samuri, but the whole Z Series. I have some ideas to make the stand an attractive and interesting one for the rest of the show visitor, certainly all the Samuri owners I know are all hoping to be there, and several other Z owners have also said they want to be part of it.

I've already got a dedicated email ready to send out info and updates to everyone, as obviously not everyone is a member here, so if you would like to be kept informed please either send me a message through the forum or email me at samurigathering@s30.org with your contact details and I will add you with pleasure.

I won't start a list of attendees at the moment, although there are some interesting names wanting to be kept informed and I am sure this will grow as the word spreads. Hopefully this also gives people who want to come for the weekend time to arrange accomodation be it camping, hotels or whatever (I'll get more details of this again once the club is registered).

So let me know if want to be part of what I hope will turn out to be one of the events of next years show calender and I look forward to seeing everyone at Donington in May.

Cheers,

Jonathan

(JK240)

Donington Historic Festival