Advice - soft top roof repair?

gingerslippers

Hi there,

I noticed that there was some wind noise coming from the drivers side and upon further inspection, it appears that there are a couple of small marks on the roof. Air is obviously getting in but there doesn't appear to be any signs of water coming in. Im thinking that I should address this issue sooner rather than later as the issue may get worse if left (especially over winter).

I approached a local guy who advertises convertible repair and he has quoted £20 to put some patches in....presume they are just standard sticky water resistant patches that are flexible. I could probably find them and do it myself.

Upon further inspection I noticed that the stitching is coming away.

Does anyone have any experience of these type of issues and how best to address? Can anyone recommend anyone local to Basingstoke/ Hampshire?

Pics here:

http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/gingerslippers/slideshow/350Z%20roof

Thanks

The roof on the 350 is prone to pulling and leaking, had it on mine and seen it on lots of others.

Replacing the roof can be expensive so i would have some patches added. Stormsure glue is perfect for it or get that professional to help. Mine held up for a year when i sold it on, then if it gets worse look into a replacement.