Please help POO32 Code

Fisherking

Hi

Driving home from work today and my engine management light came on :rant:. Went under the bonnet when I got home and definately a misfire there and doesn't sound right at all.

There is quite a loud hissing noise coming from the car and I think this seems to be coming from the vacuum breather pipe.

I took it off and re-attached but the hissing is still there. I'm sure the noise wasn't there before and I'm sure it's no coincidence that I uncliped the pipe when changing the plugs at the weekend. However I can't see any marks in it and it doesn't look perforated or anything :shrug: . By the way my Zed was running better than ever after the plug change, it seemed to really freshen it up.

I have done a code check using the dancing pedals method and found code P0032 - Heated Oxygen Sensor 1 Heater low voltage (bank 1).

Could a problem with the vacuum breather pipe cause this error code? If not what else could it be?

Can i upgrade this pipe and if so does any one know where from (May be it's best to upgrade more pipes if this is a wear and tear issue)?

Is the car safe to drive whilst in this misfire condition or am I going to have to bus it until fixed? :(

Oh and it's an Up-Rev 2006 with 42,000 miles if that helps.

Any help please greatly appreciated

Thanks

Matt

Edited by Fisherking

I have done a code check using the dancing pedals method and found code P0032 - Heated Oxygen Sensor 1 Heater low voltage (bank 1).

Fairly sure thats a code for a duff O2 sensor in your cat/exhaust. Might be messing up your air/fuel ratio making it run rough.

Well i nipped to halfords on way home and bought some silicon pipe. fitted it and could still hear hissing noise fron the vacuum pipe. so wasted £16 there. May be they all hiss (i talking of the pipe with the 90degree bend in it. sorry as you can tell i not v technical) and i just didnt notice before?

Good news is after i reset fault code engine mgmt light hasnt come on.

Bad news i am hearing a grinding/ratling noise that is v apparent in 1st few gears at low revs. Could this be one of the cats?

Driving in 1st in traffic sounds terrible. But there is a good clunk to change to 2nd (and notchy). Could this be a clutch issue as well or is this norm? could they all be related?

Any ideas?

Begining to regret buying a Zed tbh if these are all issues and not normal

Matt

Edited by Fisherking

Fairly sure thats a code for a duff O2 sensor in your cat/exhaust. Might be messing up your air/fuel ratio making it run rough.

I got the above sensor about 6 months ago, reset it with the computer and never showed up again.

Ofc i didnt have any symptoms tho