Rear Parking Sensors

Draximus

If anyone has got these factory fitted rear parking sensors, could you put a picture of the back of your car up, just so i know what they should look like...

I need to take my car in as they "forgot" to put the parking sensors on.

I have the reverse camera that came with the premium connect, but I believe the rear parking sensors will still useful, incase there is something that is out of view of the camera.

I think you will it will depend on the garage/fitter as to the type used - as far I know (and if it is like the time when I bought a new 350 and had reversing sensors fitted) there is not one specified kit.

But there was a 370 member fairly recently with a new 370 who posted up pics that included the rear sensors he had fitted.

They are supposed to come as standard on the GT pack, so I assume they are fitted at the factory?

For some strange reason, you pay extra for the premium connect, and they remove them...

Front and rear parking sensors are dealer fit options. But the connect premium is a factory fit option so I think, with due respect your understanding may be misplaced, aside from the work involved in making good the holes made in the bumper of a new car.

There is no mention in the present spec sheet that I can see that rear parking sensors come as standard on the GT versions?

http://www.nissan.co.uk/etc/medialib/nissaneu/_gb_en/_Other_pdf/prices_specifications.Par.46830.File.tmp/370Z_2011.pdf

there is a specific Nissan reverse sensor kit for the 350z's as I had one fitted to my Roadster it came with a template for the rear bumper so should think they also do one for the 370.

Having had fitted the approved 'Nissan' rear parking sensors to my new 350 in December 2006 by the approved Nissan dealer and then 2 years on finding one sensor stop working to be told that that dealer fitted option only had a year's guarantee and no spare parts were listed by Nissan as the kits varied up and down the country, sadly the 'expected' aftercare simply dried up.

In the end I cobbled together a repair before the car was sold onto another dealer in exchange for the 370, and upon enquiry the same system was still in place.

Don't be fooled ;)