Pipercross Induction Kit

charlied

Just fitted my new hot off the line Pipercross Induction Kit. I really wanted to go for a Jap branded system but this came in at a bargainous 125 quid and included a heat shield as well so i thought it would be worth a try!

There is a deeper growl to the engine note and it seems to be revving more freely although i have yet to go and wring the nuts off it and test it properly...

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

• 1 year later...

just got me a pipercross fitted after inspiration from lomoto. fitting was easy, although it did take me 4 hours because i'm useless. i did have a bit of a problem though, in that the air guidance duct to the standard airbox put pressure on the pipercross filter, and when i test drove it, it fell off. don't think it's best practice to drive around without any air filter!!! :blush: hoping there's no problems caused by this. . .

here's the pipercross before i removed the air guidance duct

4.jpg

after it fell off, i removed the air duct. had it on and drove a few miles, hammering it, and it's still on there. the sound is generally more aggressive but only really sounds more than stock when in 3rd gear and really pushing it. i'll post a soundclip if anyone can suggest how i'd do it

here's the pipercross withoug the guidance air duct

100_0736.jpg

i've not shown the whole engine bay as it's filthy and not in a sexy way ;)

Isn't the Popcharger less than that ??

Not trying to be pedantic, just trying to improve my knowledge of the Z...

I thought the pop charger was around £95 and you don't get a heatshield - I'm not even sure if you get the duct work. Happy to be proved wrong though as I'm considering some kind of induction purchase...

Isn't the Popcharger less than that ??

Not trying to be pedantic, just trying to improve my knowledge of the Z...

I thought the pop charger was around £95 and you don't get a heatshield - I'm not even sure if you get the duct work. Happy to be proved wrong though as I'm considering some kind of induction purchase...

the JWT popcharger is a lot cheaper but considering that uprated intakes don't improve performance on the zed (damn the interfering ecu), i went purely for looks. the JWT has a bit of a heat shield but it doesn't look as substantial to me.

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Image:Jwt_popcharger.jpg

other than the pipercross, i would've considered the HKS suction kit cos that looks the dogs :thumbs:

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Image:HK ... on_002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...