New I.C.E System.

choptop

Looking at putting in a new system in my 58 plate 350z. (Double Din)

I know there have been many threads on this in the past but systems are constantly changing. Want one that uses existing speakers, bose amp for sub but want it to have Sat Nav, Rear camera, DAB Radio, USB and Aux inputs etc. Just want to fit it into existing wiring without loads of fuss.

What would forum members recommend? Did you fit it yourself? How easy was it? :thumbs:

Whats your budget? Also add around £60 for the fascia, wiring loom and steering wheel control adaptor.

Budget wise as little as possible. It depends what you are going to get for your money though. Will spend what it takes within reason.

Would like to hear from members who have done it recently :thumbs:

Junk the lot its gatbage. Its not Bose gear anyway. It's Clarion (Tin can with a marble in) with a Bose badge. If you want decent sound you need a reasonable budget. Not massive, but cobbling together the stuff in the Z is a nightmare. I know, I tried it and ended up with Frankensteins sound system and it was totally shite.

Rip it all out and start wth the basics.

A good head unit.

A good Amp.

And good Speakers.

Unless you know what you're about let the pro's do it. youll be happier with the result.

If I only can give you one piece of good advice, it's sound proof everything honestly or the interior will shake apart if you apply anything with power.

Hope that helps

Junk the lot its gatbage. Its not Bose gear anyway. It's Clarion (Tin can with a marble in) with a Bose badge. If you want decent sound you need a reasonable budget. Not massive, but cobbling together the stuff in the Z is a nightmare. I know, I tried it and ended up with Frankensteins sound system and it was totally shite.

Rip it all out and start wth the basics.

A good head unit.

A good Amp.

And good Speakers.

Unless you know what you're about let the pro's do it. youll be happier with the result.

If I only can give you one piece of good advice, it's sound proof everything honestly or the interior will shake apart if you apply anything with power.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the advice :)

What I want is something that can easily be removed if ever I want to sell the car (which I don't for the forseable future). People do not like buying cars which have aftermarket stereo's in them.

There are not too many DD DAB HU's about and you would have to factor in the cost of an aerial too, unless you are desperate to listen to DAB obly stations I wouldn't bother personally, I live in a supposedly high reception area and its still poor on the move.... :dry:

Thanks for the advice.

Have recently bought a Pure Highway DAB add on and it works pretty well. Thought of going the whole hog and get a new unit but if the DAB reception is no better I will save my dosh and it can go on something else. Thanks :)