Difference between BOSE head unit and other Head unit???

alexevans350z

Hi guys,

Still finding my feet with the forums so apologies if this goes in the wrong place.

Just wondering if anyone can help with my next issue - i have bought another standard head unit now and its from a 2003 zed so will fit perfectly but it hasnt got the 'BOSE' sign on the flap for the tape player. Does this mean that it isnt a Bose head unit and more importantly is there actually any difference in the head units that have 'BOSE' on the tape player flap and head units that dont :wacko: ?? I have the bose setup throughout. thanks

Hi guys,

Still finding my feet with the forums so apologies if this goes in the wrong place.

Just wondering if anyone can help with my next issue - i have bought another standard head unit now and its from a 2003 zed so will fit perfectly but it hasnt got the 'BOSE' sign on the flap for the tape player. Does this mean that it isnt a Bose head unit and more importantly is there actually any difference in the head units that have 'BOSE' on the tape player flap and head units that dont :wacko: ?? I have the bose setup throughout. thanks

The Bose HU definitely says its name on the front so it would seem you have bought the standard none GT HU.

I am not sure if a none BOSE HU will work with the rest of the BOSE speaker system?! Other than compatibility it won't be as good quality.

I know some people say the BOSE setup in general isn't great but for a none ICE Junkie its pretty decent.

cheers guys,

I have both a BOSE and non BOSE standard HU's but only have the code for the non bose HU. Tbh i dont even know if it was a Bose system before hand as the sub had been removed althought the amp is still there which has bose written on it but its a 53 model zed with cloth seats and only the steering wheel controls for the radio and bluetooth so presuming it isnt a GT with BOSE?!?! really confused?!?! :wacko: