Clutch pedal sticking to the floor - Slave cylinder changed

jell36

Hi All, I think I have an issue with my clutch but I will tell you the full story.

When I was purchasing my Z a year ago I took it for a test drive and on the test drive the clutch pedal got stuck half way up it's travel when pulling off at a set of lights, I was pulling off with quite high rpm (around 2500) as I wanted to check the bite of the clutch and the pedal literally would not return of it's own accord until I dropped the revs right down to below 1200 rpm. The dealership looked at it and said it's fine and normal but I read on here about sticking clutch pedals and so knew how to fix it and so was still happy to buy the car.

A couple of weeks later I purchased a new slave cylinder form Alex and a local garage fitted it for me along with a stainless steel braided clutch line.

A couple of months after that I got Cougar store to bleed the clutch for me as I thought there was some air in the line still (pedal felt a little spongy)

So becaue I had changed the slave cylinder, clutch fluid and clutch fluid hose I thought all was OK but then today the same thing happened. I tried to pull off quickly and so quite high rpm (2200) and the clutch pedalstoppedhalf way on it's return and the clutch wasn't engaged and so I didn't move. It wasn't until I completely let go of the throttle and left it for a few seconds that the clutch pedal returned to it's fully engaged normal position.

I guess the first question is, is this normal for a Z?

nd the second is, if not, what canI do to fix it? Could it be a clutch issue i.e. the pressure plate hasn't got enough force/worn out.

I don't know if/when the clutch was changed.

Dam that's not good. Is there any way for me to check it is the clutch master cylinder? How long of a job do you think it is to change it Alex? And can you PM me a price for one please including delivery and I guess clutch/brake fluid (Motul Dot 4 I think) along with anything else that may be needed. Thanks