After some guidance on body kit paint and fit prices.

deank93

Hi all,

I'm just in the process of getting a few quotes together for painting and fitting some potential body mods and as I don't really have any frame of reference I was after your thoughts on a ball park paint and fit price, the 2 options under consideration are as follows:

Option 1

V2 front bumper in universal silver, black lower lip (HR model so would be some filler and sanding where the 2 grooves are either side of the nissan badge), V1 side skirts in black for the lower section and universal silver for the upper part, V1 rear spats in black.

Option 2

V2 front bumper as above, RT blitz style rear spoiler in black, RT rear diffuser in black

And while i'm at it, which of those two style options do you think would look best? I'll pop a picture of my car up in a minute

Many thanks.

I like the idea of option 1 as well but ideally I'd like to do body work and some performance mods but the money just won't stretch hence looking at ways around it....generally speaking I'm not a body kit kind of chap, not by a long shot but this car has turned my head....minus the rear wing.

post-12450-0-33075300-1361904239_thumb.jpg

Edited by deank93

I like the idea of option 1 as well but ideally I'd like to do body work and some performance mods but the money just won't stretch hence looking at ways around it....generally speaking I'm not a body kit kind of chap, not by a long shot but this car has turned my head....minus the rear wing.

The V2 is one of the best looking front bumpers you can buy, if i didn't already have the V1 I'd be fitting the V2. You could always do one bit at a time whilst you save more money to do the rest, why rush it......? If you sort the bodykit out to how you REALY want it to look and then maybe look at doing some performance mods later. What performance mods are you looking at doing?

with regards to performance mods i'm not planning anything to drastic, I have been in touch with Tarmac regarding the invidia exhaust and berks or decats, i also had a look at the injen intakes and I have spoken with Abbey regarding a milltec, berks or decats, panel filters and an uprev package....I'm not expecting life altering differences but a little tickle on the power and a beefier exhaust note under throttle would be nice.

I had been having my head turned by the likes of the monaro and the lovely V8 but i prefer the look of my zed so i think ill make a financial investment and commit to the zed for a good few more years.

But like i said,my biggest frustration is that i want the kit and performance mods but I've got a lot of other things im commited to paying for this month which really should take priority over the car so something might have to give a little.

Am i the only one thinking it looks awesome as it is?!

Thanks very much.I've always been a massive fan of the V2 so I could just go with the V2 front and leave the spoiler and diffuser from option 2 and leave the sides and spats from option 1 so it is as per the pictures but with a snazzy front end....that would leave enough for the performance modifications I've been looking at.

Am i the only one thinking it looks awesome as it is?!

Thanks very much.I've always been a massive fan of the V2 so I could just go with the V2 front and leave the spoiler and diffuser from option 2 and leave the sides and spats from option 1 so it is as per the pictures but with a snazzy front end....that would leave enough for the performance modifications I've been looking at.

This would definitely be my plan of action!

Just reading your spec and wondered how do you find the injen CAI?? I had a look but heat soak was raised as a concern, did you see decent gains??

Its a very well made product, unfortunately i can't tell you before/after differences as it came on the car.

http://www.carid.com/2003-nissan-350z-air-intakes/injen-air-intake-360402.html

The link above shows good gains.