Ignition live in the engine bay

Jo3ly

Hi guys, I'm installing my DRLs as we speak and need an ignition live in the engine bay I can tap into. Don't really want to run a wire through the bulkhead if I can help it!

Anyone know of any?

It's a 2009 zed if it makes a difference... :)

No I want them to be road legal, so they need to come on with the ignition, then dim to 50% brightness when the sidelights/headlights are turned on. I have built and fitted the loom and new reflectors, just need to run the ignition live wire and they are complete!

Jol3ly, are they the reflector LED mod or the actual DRL's that Phillips and alike are selling that you fit to the bumper?

This might help..

http://www.allcarmanuals.com/factory-service-manual-61-Nissan-350Z-Fairlady-Z-Z33.html

Full service manual from 2003-2008

You want the second link as the top is the owners.. It works I've just downloaded it on my iPhone so I know it's kosher. Comes through as a zip file then you just need to unzip it and walla.. Every section is there ;)

Jol3ly, are they the reflector LED mod or the actual DRL's that Phillips and alike are selling that you fit to the bumper?

This might help..

http://www.allcarman...lady-Z-Z33.html

Full service manual from 2003-2008

You want the second link as the top is the owners.. It works I've just downloaded it on my iPhone so I know it's kosher. Comes through as a zip file then you just need to unzip it and walla.. Every section is there ;)

thanks mate, useful link to have! it downloaded in separate PDF folders on my pc though so thats a bit annoying... :(

ive made up some DRLs of my own rather than buying the propper ones. not really a cheaper option but look allot better i think

Yeah it did the same on the phone but the top PDF was like a contents page so gave me an idea of which lettered section was what..

Very B) you'll have to get a picture of these up to let us have a look. Just a thought though, won't you need some kind of switch back relay/ resistors fitted inline to allow the DRL's to dim?

you will! Ive made up a separate wiring loom that ive linked into the main harness as it runs through the brake fluid reservoir. Its made up of a relay, resistors and a manual override switch. Just need to connect in my sidelight/headlight feed depending on how i want the DRLs to function and connect the ignition live :)