Annoying Squeak and unhelpful Dealer

Danny350z

So my 350z was fine except for the clicky axle. I took it in to be repaired and as soon as it had the work done a squeak developed when braking.

It's not a constant squeak whilst braking, more of an 'eek eek eek eek', on and off squeak. This started immediately after the axle work had been carried out. I took it in and told them about it and they said it was most likely the brake pads. They cleaned everything up and it was fine for about a day, then it developed the squeak again. Back it went and they said the pads would have to be replaced. The pads that were on there were less than 3000 miles old and still had plenty of wear left in them (they even said this themselves!).

So I ordered some Ferodo 2500's from Big Phil on here and had them fitted last week. Literally a day later the squeak started again!

I took the car back in today, they had a look, said it's still the pads, talked about lathing them (!?!?!) and made excuses about me not using Nissan parts.

So I took it to another Nissan dealer and got a second opinion. He said that because it's not a constant squeak and is on and off it sounds like when they repaired the clicky axle they failed to put something back together properly. They'll charge £50 an hour labour to repair it.

Tomorrow I'm going to go back to the original dealer and have a bit of a rant but it's really starting to annoy me now, I just want it fixed.

So my 350z was fine except for the clicky axle. I took it in to be repaired and as soon as it had the work done a squeak developed when braking.

It's not a constant squeak whilst braking, more of an 'eek eek eek eek', on and off squeak. This started immediately after the axle work had been carried out. I took it in and told them about it and they said it was most likely the brake pads. They cleaned everything up and it was fine for about a day, then it developed the squeak again. Back it went and they said the pads would have to be replaced. The pads that were on there were less than 3000 miles old and still had plenty of wear left in them (they even said this themselves!).

So I ordered some Ferodo 2500's from Big Phil on here and had them fitted last week. Literally a day later the squeak started again!

I took the car back in today, they had a look, said it's still the pads, talked about lathing them (!?!?!) and made excuses about me not using Nissan parts.

So I took it to another Nissan dealer and got a second opinion. He said that because it's not a constant squeak and is on and off it sounds like when they repaired the clicky axle they failed to put something back together properly. They'll charge £50 an hour labour to repair it.

Tomorrow I'm going to go back to the original dealer and have a bit of a rant but it's really starting to annoy me now, I just want it fixed.

Just out of interest did you carry out the bedding in proceedure.

Yep, a couple of runs from 60 > 30mph at 50% or whatever was suggested in that other thread elsewhere on here. However, I don't know if the people that fit them did their own 'bedding' in.

I honestly don't think it's the pads. It's far too much of a coincidence that this sqeuak should start right after they repaired the clicking axle

• 3 weeks later...