Broken Down

HaydnH

Well I just got my car out hibernation and was on my way to DMS for some work, I didn't get to far! Unfortunately I stalled and now the car turns over, hunts a little on the revs and then cuts out! The battery is fecked but I'm using a jump pack (ironically that was one of the things DMS was doing). I did jet wash/rinse the car earlier so maybe something got wet but the engine bay looks dry. Any Ideas?

Haydn.

I'm glad it's sorted and hope it doesn't happen again.

Oddly I took mine to a jet wash last night, went to start it when I was done and nothing, no clicking from the battery, no turning over just nothing.

Popped the bonnet immediately thinking I'd soaked something in the engine bay but all seemed fine, including the battery. Anyway I closed the bonnet and tried again to start the car and it's been fine since.

I'll stick to hand washing in future.

I'll scratch this one down to the electrical oddities that happen when the Zs battery gets flat. He replaced the battery while he was at it so at least it won't happen again... now I'll just need to spend tomorrow resetting the windows, entering the radio code etc.

I'll have to reschedule getting the car to DMS asap as I want to get the paint work done in time to harden ready for detailing before Wales.

Haydn.