Help with buying a 370z

jpaero

Long story short and in coming to a conclusion, I have decided to trade in my girlfriends car and pay cash as well as taking out some finance to purchase a 370z. My problem is that I am based in Northern Ireland and I am looking at cars in England to buy....am I ok to get sorted with finance with a dealership in England even though I live in Northern Ireland?

Never had car finance so dont have a clue and emailed a dealership but they never got back to me...help would be appreciated :)

Why dont you try and get a loan from your bank and then you can barter even more with dealerships etc?

I'm assuming you are buying second hand, and the fact you are considering a Z would again suggest you at least have a reasonable income, and in all likelihood a reasonable credit history.

Basically car finance from a dealer for a second hand car is going to be around 12-15%. A bank loan, depending on you credit score and risk, could be in the 5-7% region. It is a no brainer as to what is the better option! You may even be able to waggle a better deal as you are buying the car cash.

I recently bought a Z GT Edition, and being self employed I couldn't get a bank loan at a decent APR as I don't have 2yrs worth of audited accounts yet. However buying the car new, at Nissans 6.9%, coupled with £8k off the list price, made buying new only slightly more expensive to that of buying a £20k second hand car, with the extended warranty package added on, on APR of say 14%.

Also if you are from Northern Ireland, I'd recommend Macklins in Glasgow, which is surely closer to you and an excellent dealership.

Edited by Badgeronimous
  • Like 1

Why dont you try and get a loan from your bank and then you can barter even more with dealerships etc?

I recently bought a Z GT Edition, and being self employed I couldn't get a bank loan at a decent APR as I don't have 2yrs worth of audited accounts yet. However buying the car new, at Nissans 6.9%, coupled with £8k off the list price, made buying new only slightly more expensive to that of buying a £20k second hand car, with the extended warranty package added on, on APR of say 14%.

This is a really good point. There are some good deals to be had if you are a cash buyer and can haggle a bit :thumbs:

This is a really good point. There are some good deals to be had if you are a cash buyer and can haggle a bit :thumbs:

Well I had looked at a 2yr old Black Edition firstly, the car was priced at £19,500, by the time you buy warranty, servicing, road tax, it's £21,000. The cheapest I could of got this car on finance for was 13% apr IIRC.

I got my GT edition, new, for £27,000 @ 6.9%apr

Putting in the same deposit, the monthly difference in finance PCP payments really is not a great a deal.

Edited by Badgeronimous