Pioneer head unit fitting help

mattyc

I have my new head unit wired in no problem it is just mounting the head unit to the original brackets I am having issues with. The original bolts will not fit the new head unit.

http://www.mlround.webspace.virginmedia.com/350z/ice/HU/5.jpg

Above is the bracket I am talking about (not my head unit)

A cage came with the new head unit but I presume I don't need it? Am I being stupid? Do I need to take anything of the Bose head unit?

Do you mean the 2 brackets that attach to the car or is there two other brackets that are attached to the Bose head Unit?

What about a USB stick? Have you got one working OK? Mines seems to give a mad buzzing noise...perhaps I need to reformat the stick to FAT32 or try a different one?

I just fitted my new pioneer headunit today,

U need to remove the bracket that comes with the new pioneer and attach the 2x brackets that came off the old bose/nissan one.

Only 3 of the 4 screws from the original bracket will screw into the new headunit

Edited by mattyc

Not got a usb, mines is a appradio thingy so slightly different.

Once u remove the case the brackets should fit

One thing !!!!

If u have a bose sound system make sure u connect the blue wire!!!!!

Spent about 2 hours puzzled about why everything is working except no sound, plugged the blue wire in nothing happened (there is 2 blue wires, then wola)

Sorry to torture you but do you mean the bracket you can see here (with the leg thing):

http://www.mlround.webspace.virginmedia.com/350z/ice/HU/5.jpg

Or is there another bracket attached to the old bose radio I need to remove and attach to the new head unit?

The blue wire didn't catch me this time but the earth wire did :) Luck enough there was another earth wire appearing from somewhere random I could attach to.

Yes u need the 2x leg brackets that came of the bose one.

Are you trying to play music of a usb?

As i know on mines it has a SD card, but u cant play music off it, maybe same problem with usb stick, if it can play usb sticks i would imagine FAT32 would only work

Edited by sjcdeans

Those are the 2 legs I'm working with. The problem is the new head unit...the holes aren't big enough to take the original screws which attach the "leg brackets." Anyone else had this issue?

Will try a different USB using FAT32.

Cheers