Help\advice needed for a couple of issues with my Zed

MickJ

Hi, thanks for the welcome to the forum, I hope that you won't find these questions repetitive as I have no doubt they have ben asked before, but anyway here we go and thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated!

Recently bought a 55 plate GT, which had 7200 miles on it, It had a clicking o\s driveshaft which has been sorted, now I notice that the transmission seems to me, to be quite noisy, when stationary and in neutral there seems to be quite a 'rumble' from under the car which goes when you depress the clutch pedal, could this be a clutch release bearing or a input shaft\gearbox problem also when I am in any narrow streets (and I mean narrow) I can hear a whine when I accelerate in 1st & 2nd gear, or is this a normal thing for this car, there are no gear selection problem as I have heard of on the US forums?

The other question is my door cards have a 'blotchy' appearance and look like they have been sprayed with something here and there and no matter what I use they wont clean up, and believe me I have used many things to try and clean them e.g. Cillit Bang, Industrial meths, car shampoo and nailbrush, foaming cleaners, armourall, gel's etc etc and nothing works and it's really p*****g me off :angry: ! Any ideas gratefully received.

Apart from these couple of things, love the car, prefer it to the M3 I had, sod the Bose system prefer the soundtrack from out the back! :D can't believe how cheap it was to insure, £100 less than my 407 V6 Coupe.

Cheers Mick

Sorry about this, should have spent a little more time looking at the different sections under the Tech heading, found many references to the 'noise' issue under the 'warranty' section and yes, as you say it seems to be a 'Zed' thing and thanks for the door cleaner lead.

Cheers Mick

Noise is from clutch release bearing , mines the same , as is everyone else's , something you have to live with on a Zed :blush:

Someone did put a post about some proprietary cleaner for door trims try a search ? :thumbs:

Cheers again, found the trim cleaner and it's already ordered, got to say how helpful people have been and no **** taking unlike a blue propellor forum I used to be on!

Noise is from clutch release bearing , mines the same , as is everyone else's , something you have to live with on a Zed :blush:

Someone did put a post about some proprietary cleaner for door trims try a search ? :thumbs:

Cheers again, found the trim cleaner and it's already ordered, got to say how helpful people have been and no **** taking unlike a blue propellor forum I used to be on!

No probs :teeth: you dont fancy a ride out to Wales do you on Sunday ? ;)

see here

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

There will be plenty more Mick, hope the cleaner sorts the doors our for you.

I find the cause of this sometimes tends to be the "cockpit shine" stuff that is sold in Hlafords.

Whilst it can put a shine on interior trim, it should be applied by spraying the cloth first. If it is sprayed onto the door cards, where it first hits the plastic, it can leave the small shiny areas and blotches that you describe.

Always best to just use a damp cloth on the interior plastics, or any spray on stuff applied to a cloth first in my opinion.

Chris.

There will be plenty more Mick, hope the cleaner sorts the doors our for you.

I find the cause of this sometimes tends to be the "cockpit shine" stuff that is sold in Hlafords.

Whilst it can put a shine on interior trim, it should be applied by spraying the cloth first. If it is sprayed onto the door cards, where it first hits the plastic, it can leave the small shiny areas and blotches that you describe.

Always best to just use a damp cloth on the interior plastics, or any spray on stuff applied to a cloth first in my opinion.

Chris.

Yeah I've had this with other cleaners too (and I think Jacko also had a similar problem) I've been using the Glym Vinyl & Rubber care which doesn't seem to give you this blotchiness.

I've been using Meguairs NXT Tech Protect for the doors.....

Looks a bit scary at first as looks very wet and shiny, just don't put too much on, then buff off excess. Then stays a nice deepened colour without looking like you put on some cheap Halford blackener etc.....

Worth a try! :thumbs: