General Mileage Consensus?

Mikey

Well the vg30 that your engine was its predessor, has regularly been seen to hit 300k but 150k is more realistic, serving is a massive factor and I expect the z33 to follow suit. Over time they will suffer neglect due to being too reliable, thats when they v8 will start breaking.

150k? Thats a bit rubbish :lol: I hope to take it way past that.

Edited by Dblock

Well the reason I say 150k is normaly esp wiyh the vg30dett the forced induction is abused or mis maintained causing that sort of life expectancy. The 350 being na should suffer less from this. But as I say maintaince or lack of it, is the kill or cure.

The fact you want to keep it for a while, maybe till it croaks, is a good thing. High milers suffer massively at resale despite all the comments so far. So go for something mint but don't focus on mileage and you will be fine. For most though when buying a car mileage is a factor (and rightly so) if you plan to sell the car on at some point because it is something that will affect value.

Its been encouraging to read this thread as I was wondering what to do with my Zed now its got to 87k (all by me from new).

It's always been maintained by a Nissan dealership, only ever had Shell vPower fuel and the only major expense so far has been a new exhaust system. That said, my CD player hasn't worked for years and the passenger-side window motor is currently on the blink. Also had a front suspension arm replaced which caused an awful rattle for months before I found a dealer who could identify the problem (as opposed to sugessting they replace various parts until the rattle goes away :rant:)

Glad to hear that it could be good for 200k :)

Well mine is now at 178K and just gone through MOT after a drop link has been replaced (previous MOT advisory). Had it serviced at the same time with a zmanalex service pack.

I also live close to work so I don't have to do too many miles a week so only do about 6K per year. So in about 5 years it will look like it has had average mileage!