Bose System - no sound

mattyc

As above, radio etc. was playing 100% until today. Now I have no sound at all through any speakers.

Have checked the relevant changes and they are OK.

I have dug out this old thread - http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/55780-2004-350z-bose-no-sound-on-any-mode-pulse-noise/ It seems my best bet is to check the Bose amp.

Where does it live? Remove the sub and check in behind there?

Any other tips/checks. Car is '04.

Thanks, Matt

So got home and pulled out the worlds smallest amp :)

Take a look at the attachment. Notice the blue taped thing. It fell out when I removed the top cover from the amp. It seems it is used to hold the small square grey box tight to the board. Seems tight enough without this thing holding it down but it is there for some reason.

Anyone seen or done this before?

Cheers

post-18179-0-60275700-1357150995_thumb.jpg

All seems OK with that amp. Fired it back together but still no sound :(

Fuses etc. seem fine. Anyone any further advice? Try and get a second hand Bose amp?

Only had the car a week...frustrating!

EDIT

Just been reading there is an amp for the speakers as well,..Whereabouts is the speaker amp?

Edited by mattyc

OK so after pulling my boot apart I got the speaker AMP out. Took it completely apart and all seemed well. Back together again and all plugs back in the radio works! :) How long it lasts I don't know but we'll see.

For those who pick this thread up.

Bose Amp - located behind the sub behind the drivers seat. Simple pop off top trim and remove 4 sub bolts. Amp is on the left hand side.

Speaker amp - boot - remove boot floor cover and plastic cover below. Spare wheel out, look left and you will see a big polystyrene cover. Below this lives the amp in a metal cage.

Cheers for the pointers.