Suspension height ratio

evilscorp

I need to raise my suspension for when I take the car to RS tuning in the new year. Struggled last time when I had stock suspension and my body kit so no chance of getting on the rollers as it is the now.

Can some one tell me if it is a 1:1 ratio for ride height with the springs and shocks on the rear for BC suspension (I imagine most after market kits have the same thread on both shock and spring mount so will be the same too)

When I originally set the suspension I think I set the shock height first then set the spring height just loose/snug, then added 10-15mm preload into the spring height. I cant quite remember how I did it tho, so would be easy if it was a one to one ratio so I could raise both the same height (1")

May reduce the height of the spring to reduce the slight noise from the top mounts of the shocks I get occasionally in case I had not put enough preload in them.

Cheers guys. :surrender:

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have true rear coilovers?

If so mark where the height is now, measure length from bottom collar to top collar, Make a note then adjust height front and rear accordingly.

Make sure you mark where they were originally set as the alignment will change with ride height as it does with compression.

BC coilovers run 5mm of spring pre-load.

If you need to set this, then measure spring length, if for example they're 200mm, then you want 195mm of spring length.

Hope that helps.