CEL/MI light help... can't make sense of flashes.. (video)

Geekboy78

hello there,

after my joy at getting my first z about 6 months ago, i was on here picking all sorts of brains about all sorts of things. as such, with all your help, my boot lid was lightened, non-scary squeaks were diagnosed and a brilliant servicing garage around the corner (japex in kings langley - loving your work guys!)....

since then, 6 months of brilliant fun and no hassle.

until last night.

on my way home, the MI/CEL came on.

ARRRGGGHHHH i thought. but the car felt fine. accelerated right, not mis-firing, temp ok, oil pressure ok.... she felt fine. however, after pootling home at not many mph, i sat outside my house on the wifi and jumped on here.

after reading a few posts that suggested it may not be that serious, i felt much better. i also read the following to learn how to get the code off manually.

http://www.350z-uk.c...-advice-needed/

i tried it a few times, and couldnt get it to work. reading more, i realised i needed to be better with the timing, and someone also suggested videoing it.

so that is what i did this morning after having drove into work - again, no problems, although i was a bit easier on her than i usually am.

did the pedal thing, timing it with my watch, and got the thing to flash. but i didn't get what i was expecting.

it flashed slowly twice, fast four times, fast once then went solid and didn't change.

can't seem to upload the video to here, so i uploaded it to youtube instead.

any and all help very much appreciated.

Donf know where your based but could be a member close with a code reader like me

i am in and about london and hertfordshire. i was hoping it would be a simple matter of one of you going 'nah, that's fine....' sadly not.

i saw a post somewhere about people with readers.

do code readers work on any cars? i have a mate who may have one....

i was about to drive it to japex in kings langley, but got in the car, turn on the ignition and the light was off.

it had been running fine, there were no problems with how it sounded or felt or fuel efficiency or anything.

then, i get in it to drive to work this morning and it doesnt start. first time ever. it turned over, sounded like it may have been flooded, so i just kept it going and it picked up, started and then feels fine.

basically, i have no idea what was wrong with it, if anything is wrong with it and will get it over to japex some time soon....