WINDSCREEN FOR A 2006 FACELIFT Z

rickoshay

Hi

I am thinking of replacing the windscreen as it has lots of little chips, possibly as the result of a gritter lorry.

Its unlikely that Swift cover will replace it as its not illegal.

I have contacted windscreensonline and they have quoted £259 to supply and fit, after I confirmed that it is not a screen with a built in aerial ( since the aerial is on on the back of the car )- they had advised that there are 2 versions, one of which is near £1,000.

Autoglass quoted over £700 for a standard windscreen!!

I assume Autoglass must use Nissan parts whereas windscreensonline use OEM parts.

I am a bit worried about going for the low quote in case of problems with the windscreen,or bad fitting.

I am wondering whether its worth the risk!! I also understand that the windscreen trim is a bit delicate.

Its just that the small chips create a few problems when driving into a low sun. I tried glass polish but that did not help!

Any helpful thoughts appreciated!

I would suggest that it could be cheaper to replace if there was a lovely crack in it, right in the driver's eyeline that could not be repaired IYSWIM. Then it would go via the insurer and you'd only pay your excess. ;)

£259 seems miles too cheap for a screen, but if it fits then it fits. Given the alternatives, I'd take a punt for that price.