Technical problem

shieldsie

I have an issue and require help from those that have the knowledge, please. Whilst driving through town at 30mph yesterday, the car, kind of jumped, then the engine management light + ESP off light + the skid light all illuminated together. I continued to drive home without any problems. When I stsrted the car today, the ESP off light + skid light was off but the engine light still on. After driving for 10 minutes the same thing happened, all lights illuminated? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks M13YKF. Is this the reset using the ignition on for 3 seconds, dip the accelerator 5 times in 10 seconds then dip for 10 seconds then out for 10 seconds, so on and so forth. If this is the reset required, then which light sequence should I video?

I think the procedure is on for 3secs, 5 times in 10secs, then out for 7secs then in for 10secs

It should then start flashing the code, on a loop, so just video it for a few minutes then go write down the string of numbers and find what it's repeating. Most of the codes start 01 or 11 so that's what you should look for. Bear in mind there could be quite a few codes.

DB

Thanks, yes that is the procedure as I know it. Is it the engine management light flashing that I am supposed to be videoing for the codes? At the end of the ecu procedure it states turn off and start engine? Am I supposed to be videoing throughout the ecu reset procedure?

• 2 months later...

Did you get an answer to this?????

Our zed has just given us the same problem on the motorway. ESP OFF light, Skid light and engine management light have all come on and stayed on, car now struggles to start.

What was the problem???

Follow the link above and read the fault codes. Let us know the codes you get and we may be able to help.

Sorry for the late response. Yes I did get mine sorted. I am no mechanic, so excuse my explanation as I understood it. Apparently 4 sensors read the fuel in and out, 2 at the front of engine and 2 at the back. The 2 at back wasnt switching properly, which effects the fuel mixture. This caused the car to be confused. THe ESP light off and skid light on was due to the car slightly jumping (hardly noticeable) which caused the car to think it was skidding? This also caused the engine management light to come on. The garage replaced 1 sensor £50 and cleaned up the other. Good result as no issues since.

Maybe someone on here (as plenty have very good understanding) can simplify in understandable terms, my explanation?