No speedo Lights when driving a Night

trancematic

Well i went to Nissan £89 a hour as the light thing was doing my head in,after taking the 3 clocks out and checking the lights that was not the problem,what was the problem some previous owner in there wisdom bought one of these

http://www.lockwoodi...tails-i715.html

Stuck it over the top of the other one with super glue i may add which blocked of the light from the back,now i have removed this i am left with all the light getting through and can now see the speedo at night,but since he super glued the other one over the top its left quite a bit of mess so now i need to source another one.

Nissan quoted me for the whole set of 3 clocks which they said was £1090 ..........Dream on .

All i want is the overlay of the speedo or the 3 of them as long as its in MPH.

Edited by trancematic

Yeah rodgeevans i might do as you suggest but i am not paying nissan again for the work carried out today,when they showed me the problem they said that they can take the top one of and then the light will be alright,but im not convinced this car is now showing MPH on the clock even though i followed the mechanic and we set a speed of 60 and it seemed to be doing that.

Not over keen on the speedo that is left to be quite frank and it makes me wonder why they put a replacement on it in the first place,might rig the tom tom up and see what that says regarding speed and see if this relates to the speedo.

Cheers girnet for the heads up regarding zmanalex.

To be honest when i think about its a daft design really and more things to go wrong,why produce a car that has its interior dash lights on on a glorious bright sunny day or any other day for that matter,surely the lights behind are going to fail at some stage and a lot quicker than when you have the option to put the interior lights on when its cloudy or getting dark.

Also it does not look like a straight forward 5 minute job to change them either because it took the nissan guy with all the tools a good 30 minutes to dismantle the light panel on the dash to expose the problem.

Edited by trancematic