Lumpy on cold starts?

Robboo

Hi guys, got a weird issue, sometimes when I start my Zed up on cold mornings the idle will be lumpy and so will acceleration.

After 2-3 minutes the engine light starts flashing aswell, If i turn the engine off and on again the problem goes. And no issues when hot?

I would try getting a fault code but no idea how to get them up :lol:

Anybody had anything similar?

Cheers, Rob

Ive only had the car around a month, and was told the car was serviced not long before. But then again anyone could say that lol. I can check the spark plugs thats a good shout.

Didnt think it would be the throttle body? And could that and blocked injectors cause issues only on really cold starts?

throttle body can get a bit sticky, becareful cleaning round it. if it gets nudged, it can kick a code up. something like a spray in cleaner for when the engine is runing might work best. or use a carb cleaner.

lumpy on a cold start up might be spark or coil, but without being in the car its difficult to diagnose.

I know it is hard to diagnose without seeing what I mean or having any fault codes, just moved the car and it did it but gave it revs a couple times and it went. Very strange!

Will try and get a look at the plugs tomorrow and will get some TB cleaner. Thanks v much buddy :thumbs: