2nd/18000 miles service > recent prices

Derek_ZR

As I need to book mine, just wondering what people have recently paid for their service before I call.

No need to say what you paid for your 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th service etc.. as I only need the 2nd one :D

Derek,

You talking about the P2 service.

I managed to get it down to £140 with my own oil. Some of the dealers (in fact a lot in a chain) around here wanted £230 upwards, so pays to shop around, knock a bit off then ring the next one..... :thumbs:

As I need to book mine, just wondering what people have recently paid for their service before I call.

No need to say what you paid for your 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th service etc.. as I only need the 2nd one :D

Derek,

You talking about the P2 service.

I managed to get it down to £140 with my own oil. Some of the dealers (in fact a lot in a chain) around here wanted £230 upwards, so pays to shop around, knock a bit off then ring the next one..... :thumbs:

Yeah, P2 service. I only paid £92.80 for the P1 service providing own oil but know the P2 service is more expensive.

Just called for a price but they don't exactly fill me with confidence....

Them: What car is it for ?

Me: 350Z

Them: Petrol or Diesel ?

Me: Shakes head and says ffs to myself - Petrol :D

They said £180 and around £160 without oil. I didn't mention it but I also get 10% off as I bought the car from them so that would bring it down to £144.

I will wait and see what others paid but that isn't too bad seeing as I have the oil sitting anyway.

Just called for a price but they don't exactly fill me with confidence....

Them: What car is it for ?

Me: 350Z

Them: Petrol or Diesel ?

Me: Shakes head and says ffs to myself - Petrol :D

They said £180 and around £160 without oil. I didn't mention it but I also get 10% off as I bought the car from them so that would bring it down to £144.

I will wait and see what others paid but that isn't too bad seeing as I have the oil sitting anyway.

Ha ha .... yeah that is a little worrying, but probably a admin person rather than mechanic answering phone....

That's not too bad a price, but tbh if thats their first offer..... I'm sure you will get it down by saying you got slightly cheaper from somewhere else. But its not a bad price at all....... also depends how many dealers you have around you. I played them all off against each other as there are loads around here......

Problem is that one is 6 miles from my home and any other dealer is around 20 miles away.

Might try one near Edinburgh as I could go there from work but any others are just a hassle.

I'm hoping final price will end up being a little bit lower as they quoted me £130 for P1 service with the oil and the final price after taking off oil and 10% discount was only £92.80.

Can't complain really, from memory 1st service for my 1.2 Clio is about £150 and I also paid that for the MG ZR that I used to own.

Problem is that one is 6 miles from my home and any other dealer is around 20 miles away.

Might try one near Edinburgh as I could go there from work but any others are just a hassle.

I'm hoping final price will end up being a little bit lower as they quoted me £130 for P1 service with the oil and the final price after taking off oil and 10% discount was only £92.80.

Can't complain really, from memory 1st service for my 1.2 Clio is about £150 and I also paid that for the MG ZR that I used to own.

Yeah thats it, pointless saving £10-20 if you gotta drive somewhere thats a pain or you using a dealer you have less confidence in. I'd rather pay £20 extra to someone I trusted more than a cowboy dealer and take the risk etc.....

Derek,

Where did you get your P1 service done? I just paid £190 for a P1 service (with them providing the oil) at Parks Nissan Ayr. Think I've been shafted! :dry:

Shafted ain't the word mate.

It was Arnold Clark in Livingston. Don't exactly rate them highly but they perform better when they get paid directly for work.