Finance

elfman

So this is a question that i don't think a lot of people will answer but here we go.

I've found a 370z that i'm 90% wanting to get but i thought i'd put it on here to see other peoples views.

I've found a 370z gt edition thats going for 27k and it's only been a dealers show car. As it's "new" i can get PCP on it. First time i've ever done this as i've usually got private loans but after getting stung with repair costs and depreciation on my 350 i'd like a newer and "trouble free" performance car.

So the question is, how to people finance there zeds?

Fully buy the car, loans or PCP/Hire purchase?

All views welcome :D

I pcp'd mine from new over 2 years, 10k down, £263 a month, 14.5k final payment, so all in I think it was 31k. Paid for it in July, now all mine. Got 2 'free' services and 3 years RAC. Low rate finance 4.9 apr from what I can remember.

Nothing wrong with PCPs just need to budget for the balloon payment at the end. They do give you options to re-finance at the end of your pcp but the rates are poor. You could always personal loan the balance.

No different to straight finance really, horses for courses, it's the extras which get chucked in which make it more attractive and low rate finance.

Bonus of a pcp is, if fuel becomes £20 a gallon and the car becomes worthless at the end of your pcp then you can just hand it back and you don't take the loss.

It makes sense to me. I remember when i was looking into it it seemed to beat other loan options and was more flexible. I guess you just have to look in to the small print and compare the options given your circumstances.

I recall marzman cretaed a thread on this topic recently so you may want to track that down.