Wheel Alignment Results After Lowering+Spacing

ScottyZ

Had the Swift Lowering Springs and Eibach 25mm Spacers on for while now so spent £45 on a wheel alignment.

Before,

IMG_1929.jpg

After,

IMG_1930.jpg

Everything back within spec apart from the front left camber just slightly out. Really surprised that the rear cambers are both within spec as quite a few people in the states with my combo need camber kits on the rears.

Very pleased with these two mods as the car looks much better and handling much improved in terms of less body roll and the steering feeling much more "pointy" giving more confidence when driving in a spirited manner. Some negatives are speed humps have to be taken more cautiously, slight rubbing on front wheel arch liners (the little nobbly bit that sticks out) when suspension under heavy compression and 25mm spacers on the rears just gives 2-3mm poke which I'm still deliberating on as to whether I like or not.

I'll add some photo's when I've washed the car. I must say many thanks again to Tarmac and Mitz and Andy at CS - excellent traders!

Cheers,

Scotty

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Alignment is as essential after suspension modifications as remapping is after engine bay modifications. A friend of mine (and rally co-driver) once told me "suspension and brakes are worth an extra 100 BHP". Do it right people. The parts are no good unless they're set up properly.

Talking of setting up properly, my own little programme of improvement is now complete (thanks to the lovely folks at CS). Car is an absolute missile now. Love it. Details in my signature.

• Like 1