JDM 03 TRE's

claireabella

Yeah I think it's fairly common as the original parts are not that hard-wearing, especially if a previous owner touched the kerbs a lot while parking :rant: Search ebay for 350 tie rod / track rod and you'll get what you need. Alternatively if you'd rather go OEM definitely :pmzmanalex: Tein also do uprated versions.

Just as a follow-up to this post. I replaced my steering track rods and tie rod ends this weekend, only took about an hour a side taking it very steady. The originals actually weren't in 'that' bad a shape, maybe a little wear in the N/S track rod, and both tie rod ball joints were a bit more wiggly than you would prefer. However the track rods were complete seized to the tie rods after 8 years of not being touched. Perhaps an oxy torch would have got them moving? I chopped them in half with an angle-grinder in order to remove and re-use the protective boots. Anyway, replacing them at least means adjustments can be made easily for some time to come.

I set the replacement units at the same length as the originals and then had the car aligned today. The fronts had massive amounts of toe-in, not from me replacing them, but obviously for some time in the past judging from tyre wear. This was what was causing the front end to feel unstable, more so than any wear in the steering components.

Hope this helps someone with the same issues.

Cheers,

Jon