I can't get in!

JamesGood

Both inside and external handles on my drivers door have stopped working, I've looked between the gap in the window and noticed the rod isn't moving as I pull on the external handle. I'm sure the fix is easy however... I can't get the door card off because the door is shut!

I've tried everything I can to get it off in situ but no joy. Has anyone else had this, is there a way of pulling the rod or opening the door any other way before I take a saw to my doorcard?

Ha, thanks fella. Success though! I just managed to get in with the trusty old coat hanger! Now the door card is off I can have a look to see what's wrong with the lock. It's very weird though, nothing's really broken, it just seems that when the door is locked then unlocked you can open the door fine but if its locked, then you try pulling the handle it seems to dislodge something and when you unlock the door you cant open it until you tug on the rod, then open from the inside.

For now I guess I just have to remember not to pull the handle before unlocking it...!