air con

andersdb

Its aircon day today :lol:

Trick question that.

If the car is hot enough and fan 1 is running fan 2 will start when the aircon is turned on - if its not hot enough no - Fan 1 will turn on based on engine coolant temp not aircon use.

Or I read that bit wrong - which is possible :wacko:

what's not happening? If its not cold enough a re-gas is probably the first step. :thumbs:

Weird :lol:

Why was no belt on was it like that from when you got the car? If so smells like the previous owner may have had a problem.

Unfortunately our cars are very clever and have lots of sensors that sense what other sensors are sensing and try to make sense of it :headhurt:

Now the aircon does/must (from what I have read) have some input into the rad fan control as it is used as a second fan test - Fan 1 running turn on air con and Fan 2 should start - me and Andlid were using this to test our aftermarket fans were wired correctly.

So no belt - turn on air con fan starts

My Guess is control gets an incorrect reading so fires up the fan to cool the rad????? Maybe!?

Belt on readings correct so fan does not turn on.

Aircon not firing up - Hmmmm - as in the interior fans don't start?

Test - remove the gear stick surround unplug the ribbon cable from the white box behind the AC controls, turn ignition on wait 10 seconds all fans inside should turn onto full speed.

Or Does not fire up - no cold air?

No Gas??? - get gas checked first, the re-gas system should do a basic check for leaks - if it's still not cold then compressor not compressing?? No idea how you can test that, chaeck the clutch hasn't stuck first maybe?

Why was the belt off??