New clutch

Allan Zada

Changed my clutch this morning and its now like driving a new car :thumbs:

Only driven 3 Zs and they have all had fairly heavy clutchs so i just assumed thats how they were.

Changed mine as it was squeaking. Now it light as a feather. Nearly pushed the pedal through the floor when i got in to start it :lol:

Really glad I did it, and to think ive been sitting on the new clutch for over 4 months.

I`m swapping my stock clutch & DMF with an Exedy 6puc & SMF tomorrow. It will be nice to compare the differences.

Are you still running DMF?

yeah i kept the original dual mass. Didnt want the noise from the single and there was nothing wrong with it so why replace it. I was pleasantly surprised how straight forward it was to do as well. Having never had a 350z box out before was all done just under 4 hours.

I just used the standard exedy clutch kit.

Have you tried changing your clutch fluid? I done mine about a month ago and that did help quite a bit

Yeah, even changed the servo, the biting point totally changed, but weighting felt pretty much the same

The only other thing I did was made sure everything in the bell housing was spotless and regreased the input shaft splines, release bearing sleeve and the contact point on the armature.

I`m swapping my stock clutch & DMF with an Exedy 6puc & SMF tomorrow. It will be nice to compare the differences.

Are you still running DMF?

yeah i kept the original dual mass. Didnt want the noise from the single and there was nothing wrong with it so why replace it. I was pleasantly surprised how straight forward it was to do as well. Having never had a 350z box out before was all done just under 4 hours.

I just used the standard exedy clutch kit.

Have you tried changing your clutch fluid? I done mine about a month ago and that did help quite a bit

Yeah, even changed the servo, the biting point totally changed, but weighting felt pretty much the same

The only other thing I did was made sure everything in the bell housing was spotless and regreased the input shaft splines, release bearing sleeve and the contact point on the armature.

Well i don't know what the Garage did, i know i won't be going back to them, as when they said ' if you pay cash we will take the tax off ' , anyone who offers that isnt exactly on the board! so i doubt they did a thorough job