Hfc / decat brace mounts

Yella Fella

Guys,

For those that have hfc or decats installed, I've noticed that the OEM brace is removed along with the factory cats, with this being only tied by nuts/bolts, does anyone notice any further rattling directly underneath the seats when driving hard? Or any other noise? Vibration etc

Neil being doing some research on google and seen you comment on a thread a year ago about similar issue...

When I drive the car hard and use engine braking or decelerating around 3000-2000 revs, it sounds like some sort of mental loud as hell metallic rattle. Like my car is falling apart, crazy. Surely that's not the rasp that's known with decats? That's proper nuts!

Now I know I've got issues with my OEM exhaust that needs replacing at some point (any excuse haha), I've also noticed whilst I was underneath my cat the the OEM y pipe has got extensive welding on a lot of the joints. I was comparing it to another OEM y pipe that's currently on sale here, and that looks plain Jane compared to mine.

2000-3000 revs for a rasp sounds about right to me, mine does it at those revs.

As for the bracket on the decats, most half decent decats should have brackets to fix them to the car.

Never realised the notorious rasp is actually a rattle haha, now I know. Damn metal rattlesnake, so much for resonated decats