Feeler/FS: K sport BBK

GT4 Zed

Just putting out a feeler/FS for my BBK by Ksport 356mm(14") disc front and rear with 8pots vs 6pot callipers in Ksport black.

I have been very pleased with these by far my best peformance mod. Its worth +30seconds on the Ring and a few who have been in my car as passenger or driver can attest.

After seeing Tez's Brembo refurb thread i got tempted to refurb the callipers in yellow and get new nipples and bolts to make it all shinny and get new front pads and discs.

I contacted Ksport to get these items and we got talking about their super 8 range of BBK and before i knew it they put on offer a deal (as a good customer :clap: ) for their 380mm(16") super 8 BBK! The price is too good to refuse and i have to consider it. There is nothing wrong the my current set up and even when i go SC it will still be more than enough but the way i see it i'll spend x to refurb it to yellow which i always wanted or i could sell my current set up and spend x to get the super 8 in yellow :yahoo:

So for anyone who wants their own personal anchor here a feeler or FS thread. It comprises

-Front 356mm rotors used with used Ferrodo DS2500 pads.

-Rear 356mm rotor used with used ferrodo pads.

-SS braided lines all round

Pads have about 50% life left except for one on the rear which is between 30-40% It was an inside pad which was sticking due to salt corrosion and i only noticed late when i went under the car. All that was required was to scrape of the crude and brake dust and sand down the edges of the pad to give more freedom of mov't within the calliper. I have made a note to do this when installing new pads on all callipers or copper grease as my mechanic adviced

You will need new front discs (£359 a set for ksport or £399 for AP, marginally lighter) and rear ferrodo pads which is pointless. I would rather go for EBC blue stuff which are cheaper but better than the ferrodos for track and fast road work.

If you are a full track nut then you need to go with in this order with Performance friction 01 race compound = Pagid RS15s > or RS29s. PF1 costs £399 a set while RS29 are 283 and RS15s 245. I have averaged front disc every 18months with PF01 which equates to 8-10K miles per year including 4 round trips to the Ring and bout 100 laps per year (Did +100 laps last year :thumbs:).

I have never changed the rears and it still have about 50% life left. I had the Ferrodos with the kit new and used them only when i ran out of PF 01 for road use only. They are fine on track but fade when used aggressively. The PF are fade free and the RS15 are similar though i have not used it. The RS29 are for endurance racing and can survive a 24hr race with the performance of the PF01/RS15 i have been told and plan to get this next. I have driven a BMW M3 V8 on the ring with RS29 and it was awesome.

I want £1200 kit for this as is or £1600 with new front disc and full set of pads Blue stuff pads. I can also get other pads you may want cheaper than you can from Ksport so specify your choice.

Note the 356mm kit cost £999 new per axle so £2K and this excludes pads. So for example if you wanted this same set up new with Blue stuff its £2250. see link for full prices.

http://www.ksport.co.uk/order.asp?id=267&loc=2

http://www.ksport.co.uk/order.asp?id=209&loc=4

Bad points: There is none regarding performance with the right pads its as good as big brands. Aesthetically if you are fussy it could do with a full refurb. Shot blasting and new paint to your preference or powder coat and job done. I can get the done cheaply locally for £200. The seals are in good condition and donot need changing, Infact ksport has never had a complaint of seal damage. All the bolts have external/superficial rust and can be cleaner and treated or changed if you are fussy. All parts available cheap.

Some pics:

8A22501D-9B12-4DA9-A01B-7D7D88A62C1C-4024-000005811E1B0BD7.jpg

C586EF43-41C6-4BEB-A807-266434789BC2-4024-000005811B28F99F.jpg

37BD986F-E5A4-4C46-9832-73B88186B7F1-4024-0000058115989EC8.jpg

If any interest or you want some more info pm me and i give you my phone number. I plan to get thses off my car by this month end otherwise its stays and gets refurbed.

Where are all the track guys :shrug: this is a good and essential kit for serious track work.

Reduced to £1100 as is. Still £1600 with new blue stuff NDX race pads all round and new front rotors :thumbs:

:bounce::bounce:

Free fitting if you come to Worcester :p