Audi A3 3.2 sline quattro ??

Carlin

Hi guys I need to get a second car so the wife can use my audi I have at the moment .Just wondered if anyone has had one and does it eat the full as I would use it everyday and see there is a few for sale and at good price.

Ive got a old audi A3 1.8t quattro sport and wondered how the full consumption for the 3.2 will compare ?

I get around 24 mpg in the 1.8t

Any advice welcome as im looked to pick a car up soon .

Theoretically the turbo does better mpg, but it depends on how you drive it on a commute. If you stay off the boost it should be pretty frugal like a normal 1.8. But if you drive hard it will drink lots if the turbo is always spoiling up. You might get slightly better out of the 3.2 if you drive hard but there won't be a lot in it. I would have thought the 3.2 would be about the same as the 350z

I dont drive hard all the time but I like the A3 and I need something not to flash as I run my own business of a kitchen company and go and measure jobs .

So I know the 2.0 tdi would be the best for mpg but whats it like on performance ??

I like a car to be fast

I dont drive hard all the time but I like the A3 and I need something not to flash as I run my own business of a kitchen company and go and measure jobs .

So I know the 2.0 tdi would be the best for mpg but whats it like on performance ??

I like a car to be fast

2.0 tdi with supporting mods and remap with be more than fast enough :thumbs:

Never had a diesel car and for the price I want to spent there are loads of the 3.2 and not many tdi about . But really not sure that the 3.2 is the right thing to get .

Need to be sensible but it more as im going to use it everyday as well ??

Never had a diesel car and for the price I want to spent there are loads of the 3.2 and not many tdi about . But really not sure that the 3.2 is the right thing to get .

Need to be sensible but it more as im going to use it everyday as well ??

How many miles a day and long journeys or short trips?

Not that many long runs and I stay really local to my work .So Its more lots of short journeys and say maybe 20 miles a day at a guess .

Its just the mpg im worried about

With 20 miles and espically if its a few miles here and couple there a petrol is better. No car will perform that great as it will be cold and diesels take a good while to heat up to give max mpg. Also short journeys kill diesels.

Cheers mate .

Ive seen some nices ones for around 5 - 6 grand and never really thought about the 3.2 but it looks good and i image it is pretty fsat as well

After selling the zed ive felt a bit lost but need a car I can take to jobs etc

Ill let you know the out come anyway