AUDI RS6 - Paint Correction

Paul Smith

Someone local to me had asked me to tidy up his new purchase, at this point in time I had no idea what I was going to see.

He wasn't wasn't looking for 100% correction on the paint, something I wouldn't recommend on a daily driver anyway. In my opinion it should be left for show cars as the maintenance on them is just too much work for the average owner.

The paint wasn't heavily swirled and there were very few random deep scratches. I knew these would require a good few of hours of correction as AUDI paint has a reputation for being rock solid. I was only carrying out a single stage machine polish so I could only concentrate on removing the swirls and at best, the light scratches.

My partner for the day -

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0645-2.jpg

The Accord (my car) looked tiny in the shadow of one of AUDI's finest-

IMG_0648.jpg

Time to get the car power washed down and get some snow foam on-

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

Two bucket method, lambs wool mitt and some Britemax Clean Max shampoo -

IMG_0662-2.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

Time to get it inside, dried down, get some light on it and start claying-

IMG_0678.jpg

I was using 3M blue for the first time, quite sticky and aggressive, but this is what I wanted for this car-

IMG_0675-2.jpg

Time to get the car all taped up to protect the silver trim and any other edges that could catch the pad-

IMG_0703.jpg

So, on with the polishing, in this case 3M Ultrafina SE ( low cut but high gloss )-

IMG_0704.jpg

Tyres shined, wheels waxed and some Glass Polish on those tinted windows-

IMG_0709-2.jpg

Finally, some Extra Gloss Protection that I allow to cure for 30-45 minutes before applying a coat of Collinite 476.

Time for a bit of show and shine -

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0719-1.jpg

IMG_0723-1.jpg

IMG_0804-1.jpg

IMG_0839-1.jpg

Thanks for looking :wink: