Apexi N1 questions

melville7

Hello folks,

Been looking for a while now and the amount of literature on here about the various exhaust options is overwhelming.

My Apexi N1 exhaust is shot to hell with rust. Looking to replace it and the Y-Pipe. There doesn't seem to be as much written on here about this exhaust as there is on other ones.

The receipts I have from the previous owner prices the N1 at just over £400, however, I can barely find one for double that cost now. Granted it was 2007 it was fitted but surely it can't have doubled in price?!

The bottom line is, I can't afford to spend £1k on a new system and so wondered if anyone would be able to advise me of other exhausts that produce a similar sound to N1 as I absolutely love it.

So yeah;

1) is a new N1 really £800-900 or am I being stupid and looking in the wrong places?

2) What similar sounding alternatives are available if so?

Apologies if the answers to these questions are already buried on the forum somewhere. I've looked and looked and am going square eyed!

Thanks,

Gordon.

Thanks for the reply. Don't know why there is apparently so little about the Apexi N1.

Does "N1" mean something in particular that makes you think that the Invidia would be similar?

There seems to be even less on that one than the Apexi if thats possible! Do you know anyone else that has one?

What would that price include? Cat-back or just the back box and centre pipe?

Thanks for the reply. Don't know why there is apparently so little about the Apexi N1.

Does "N1" mean something in particular that makes you think that the Invidia would be similar?

There seems to be even less on that one than the Apexi if thats possible! Do you know anyone else that has one?

What would that price include? Cat-back or just the back box and centre pipe?

Hi, they call it a catback but its just back and middle sections with the N1, I don't know why some systems are called N1 tbh. Think its the companies 1st version of exhaust for that car. Same as Nismo do the N1 or V1 bodykits up to V3.

There was a few knocking about but don't see many at all these days tbh. They are a bit loud with cabin drone.

I see. Would you have any recommendations for a similar sort of sound that you'd get from either the Apexi or the Invidia?

I don't think I could justify spending £650 on the exhaust and then another couple of hundred on a Y-pipe.

Part of me thinks I am destined to end up with a Cobra or Scorpion system as it appears I'd be looking at around £600 for backbox, mid pipe and y pipe with one of them!

Although that is getting into the sort of price range that you can get a Buddy Club or Mongoose/Blueflame system for.... :wacko:

My head feels like it is going to explode!

In the last 6 years we’ve only ever seen one Zed fitted with the Apexi exhaust, it’s a great sounding system.

The Buddy Club we offer is loud, so choose with caution if you spend a lot of time in the car. The Cobra resonated system we offer is always a good choice, perfect for day to day and for spirited drives too… :thumbs:

Link to exhausts - http://cougarstore.co.uk/index.php?main ... cPath=1_10 :)

I see. Would you have any recommendations for a similar sort of sound that you'd get from either the Apexi or the Invidia?

I don't think I could justify spending £650 on the exhaust and then another couple of hundred on a Y-pipe.

Part of me thinks I am destined to end up with a Cobra or Scorpion system as it appears I'd be looking at around £600 for backbox, mid pipe and y pipe with one of them!

Although that is getting into the sort of price range that you can get a Buddy Club or Mongoose/Blueflame system for.... :wacko:

My head feels like it is going to explode!

:lol: Decisions decisions

Some videos here to ponder over :stir:

viewtopic.php?f=166&t=63451

And a big selection here :thumbs:

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/350z-exhaust-systems.aspx

So, I'm thinking I'm just going to have to go for the Cobra system.

I say "just" but it must be a decent system given the amount of people who seem to have it.

Why does there seem to be a debate over whether it fits import Zeds or not? Surely it should or it shouldn't, one way or another?

I ask as my car is a 53 plate import and would most likely cry if I bought a new exhaust and it didn't fit! :lol: