The Most Annoying Thing About The Zed Is....

Leenx

Hey guys, did you know there'a a release handle under the rear strut to open the boot!

There's all sorts of wonderful information in this 'manual'

Also, from pages 2-2 to 2-32 they managed to spell 'driving' wrong on every page, instead they put 'pre-dring checks'.

THE MORE YOU KNOW!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Im guessing this folding of the mirros when locking the car etc is a simple tweak in the ecu settings. I have a serial to ODBII cable that I used with VAG-COM on the golf.

Using that people were able to tweak the alarm, central locking (i.e one click for one door two for all doors) auto lock at a certain speed and auto unlock when key removed.

However, without the right software, which can ammend the necessary codes in the ecu, I wouldn't advise connecting such a cable to your laptop and having a poke around.

I would have thought the japanese or americans would have developed some sort of ODBII software for the 350z by now. I would think that altering the mirrors to do various things like fold in on park and tip down when in reverse would be a simple setting somewhere in the ecu.

. I would think that altering the mirrors to do various things like fold in on park and tip down when in reverse would be a simple setting somewhere in the ecu.

Just remembered my side mirrors dip automatically down when it is in reverse :) another joy of a JDM

Its got to be a setting somewhere in the ecu.

For the golf switching on auto lock, and changing the number of presses for total unlock of the car etc was a simple change of one number from a 1 to a 2, or 0 to a 1 etc.

The software was almost foolproof (as long as you stayed away from airbag settings etc), very user friendly - simply plug the cable into the car and laptop, start the program, start the car, and hey presto use the graphical interface to roam around the ecu settings in an easy to understand manner, and make the changes you wanted. It was brilliant.

Just a shame that there isnt such software readily available for the Z.

There are pieces of software to read the ecu and show you any error codes etc - which was also a helpful feature of the VAG software, as you could diagnose your own faults, and state exactly what the issue was when taking the car to a dealership, or if you have no warranty, you dont have to spend a fortune on abour costs to diagnose the errors.

I am truly shocked that no technical wizard in Japan or the US has come up with the same thing for the 350z.

Mind you, who has the bottle to beta test such software with their Z? :headhurt: