DAB Radio

Jayp350z

Does anyone have digital radio in their car and what sort of reception do you get?

I've fitted one in my zed and I'm forever loosing signal which is really frustrating. I know it all depends on the area I'm in and I have done the online postcode check to see which stations I'm connecting to and there are 3 very close by.

I just can't understand why It is so poor :wacko:

SMD, Lincolnbaggie and myself all have, I found external aeriel was the answer and don't forget to turn the "burble" setting off, can't remember what it was exactly but I'm sure the resident ICE expert that is SMD will be along soon. :thumbs::thumbs:

I've got a JVC HAL screen mount aerial on the front windscreen gives goid reception mostly drops out near me but there is a huge power station :surrender: I had a pure highway but thats in the Leon now and i have a dedicated DAB in the Zed with video output to my HU :woohoo:

Planet Rock :band:

I might try one of those JVC HAL ones first as I dont really want another aerial on the exterior of the car except for a last resort.

I've just been having a quick read up on the "burble" thing it and I dont think I'm getting this issue. The sound is perfect with no interference or funny sounds. It just keeps dissappearing every 10 seconds or so because it looses signal.

I like the idea of converting your normal radio aerial into a digital one but the reception rating "somewhat unpredictable" sort of turns me off to the idea.