If its not one thing...

adam1942

..its another eh?

Looking for a little advise here guys.. I was going over a speed bump and heard an almightly scrape.. I thought it was the exhaust although wondered why that had never happened before.. anyway I got home and seen a bit of damage under the Z..

Can anyone identify these parts? are they replaceable? to me it looks like possibly the shells now wrecked??

Circled.jpg

IMG_20120604195531.jpg

IMG_20120604195632.jpg

I don't understand how this happened when the exhaust is lower and its not scraped at all! Any advise would be great.. sorry for the not so great pictures.. I've circled the two parts the one closest to the camera is damaged the other is completely straight and has no issues.. they look like part of the running gear??

It also looks like this has been like this for a while due to the rust? :/

Sourced from myself :) I can supply genuine Nissan parts :thumbs: I can find the exact price on Wednesday when I'm back in the office if you would like

I painted mine white before I fitted it just to make it look something different and protect it from rust

They are pretty easy to change as long as you can get underneath 4 bolts in the center and two at each side, there is a plastic cover at each side also with some small 10mm bolts be sure to work them out as they shear off quite easily if they are corroded.

I have seen people just rip them off and leave them off but I wouldn't recommend that as I'm sure Nissan put them there to stiffen up the car in the middle.

To keep the car as original get a plate welded in and tap the thread :thumbs: if you know a good welder fixing the original shouldn't be a problem, just don't get them sandblasted as I said earlier they can be quite flimsy, as you said sanding primer and painting if you go down that route.