anyone else got volk GT-C's? problems

MWTech

alright folks

worked out the stretch i wanted and got my new tyres a couple days ago, got them fitted, and went to put the wheels on yesterday.

problems...

they do not go on the hub. the spokes dont clear the brembo caliper. the wheels are 18x10 et+5 all round. to clear the caliper it looks like its gonna be atleast 10mm, perhaps up to 15mm.

i only had an old used 20mm spacer lying around so i put it on just to see

this then leads to my next problem...

with the 20mm spacer the wheels once they were put on stick out like a beach buggy. id say approx 3 inches outside of the arches with the 20mm on

i was expecting them to stick out but not that far, i wasnt planning on needing spacers and any wheel and tyre sitting out of the arch i was going to overcome with pretty serious camber, and a slight arch pull if neccessary

i am going for a Hella Flush style look eventually but right now, it just looks Hella GASH! :rant:

got a couple of questions id really appreciate accurate answers too, as the solution to this problem could depend on it

what is the dimensions of the OEM Brembo caliper, in particular, the width as if you were looking directly through it from front of car to the rear. is there a PDF technical drawing anywhere i could see?

and the same question goes to big brake kit calipers, in particular - Ksport 8 pot, D2 8 pot or AP racing 6 pot

and for anyone else who has GT-C's, did you also clip the caliper and have to use a spacer? and yes or no, what size and offsets are you?

thanks in advance

Hey Mate.

im runnig with the following wheels

Volk GT-C Racing split rims

FRONT (19x9.5)+21(5x114)

REAR (19x10.5)+24(5x114)

im using the following brakes

K-sport Black 8 pot front Caliper with 356mm rotors

K-sport Sport Pads

Stainless Steel Brake lines

K-sport Black 6 pot Rear Caliper with 330mm rotors

K-sport sport pads

And i have NO issues with clearance what so over.. they clear the brakes by quite alot..

What face are your GT-C´s ? as far as i know where is a difference between face 1 & 2 on Volk Wheels

http://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tire ... e-2-a.html

And some pictures of the car :)

http://www.bilgalleri.dk/gal_visbil.asp ... ipc=643491