Rattling Cat

Rob22

Started to notice a little rattle during the week which sounded to me like a heat shield. I thought id take a look today to try and sort it out. However before I got the chance I got a fault code on the dash yesterday. Plugged in the reader and it said O2 sensor for bank 2. I cleared the code and it hasn't come back. Under the car today the heat shields look fine but I can get a rattle by thumping the cat pretty hard. With the fault code coming on I'm wondering if this may be the a problem inside the cat itself rather than a heat shield. Anyone able to offer any insight?

Rob

I have standard cats that I may be willing to sell. They have only done around 20k miles before I removed them and fitted with decats. Theyre from a 2006 revup car with de engine :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Got this sorted, the culprit was a fracture in the cat housing. The bracket that attaches to the support had broken away. All fixed and I can now enjoy the noise of my nismo back box again :yahoo: thanks to NeilP for the parts :thumbs:

th_8cd8aa60.jpg