link to glossary?

Hi,

How about a 'glossary' page or link to the glossary thread somewhere on the front page or near the top right of the screen near the search function?

I think it would be useful for the new members - both for total 'laymen' (or laywomen such as myself teehee) and also those who know a fair bit about cars as I've noticed that there's lots of terms which seem to be Zed specific. I'm sure it would also stop some of the newbie questions that seem to annoy the more established members.

Ta,

S.

Doh :bangin: I was aware of that link and I had meant to put in my post that although it exists it's buried away in a subforum somewhere which isn't too helpful.

It's clear that many new-comers to this site don't use the search as much as they could and I just think that a glossary/faq somewhere obvious would make your jobs easier (the faq under the search field is just techy stuff to do with the workings of the forum rather than Zed stuff so doesn't count). You know full well that you're going to get asked the same questions time and time again over the next few months!

S.

Doh :bangin: I was aware of that link and I had meant to put in my post that although it exists it's buried away in a subforum somewhere which isn't too helpful.

It's clear that many new-comers to this site don't use the search as much as they could and I just think that a glossary/faq somewhere obvious would make your jobs easier (the faq under the search field is just techy stuff to do with the workings of the forum rather than Zed stuff so doesn't count). You know full well that you're going to get asked the same questions time and time again over the next few months!

S.

Its in FAQ and called The Glossary, not sure how we can make it more obvious, If we made every important thread a sticky then it would get lost under a load of stickies, Think your the first to ask in some time tbh :)