Damn and blast - scuffed alloy - paint code?

douglasr

Scuffed my alloy on a high kerb today - not too bad, but needs touched up (or possibly repaired). I know that chipsaway now do alloy repair, so I've e-mailed the local guy I used before. He will ask for a paint code if he can fix it, so any ideas what the paint code is for a standard 18" alloy ??

If you do use Chipsaway, post up what it costs as I have an alloy needing repaired as well.

No problem. The guy I used 14 months ago (based in West Lothian), needs to check my postcode as two franchises have recently started in my area (Falkirk). I guess they aren't allowed to step on each others toes. I'll keep you posted and send some pics once its done (will take a couple of weeks probably).

No problem, I'm in West Lothian so it would be handy.

If it's the guy from Armadale, he quoted £145 to repair a scratch on my g/f's new Hyundai Getz a few months back yet I got the full panel resprayed for £150 at a bodyshop.

Let's hope he is a bit cheaper with alloys :)

Managed to hit the rim of my alloy last night, Mr Pedestrian decides to cross the road as I was turning into the road, forcing me to take a wide corner, it was either him or the car that got hit… :rant:

Are the RAYS alloys simple to get sorted, do they require any special instructions or are they straightforward to sort…

:(

• 3 weeks later...

I used Chipsaway last year and was charged £45 for one alloy wheel repair and touching up a small scratch.

He did a brilliant job - impossible to tell where the wheel was damaged.

Have heard though, that some are not so hot!

Did anyone use Chipsaway for an alloy repair ?

I went and damaged a 2nd one tonight :angry::angry::angry:

Wasn't too bothered about the first one as it was hard to notice but this one isn't so need to get both fixed.

not had to use them on the Z but did a couple of times on the TT (last car) and was always pleased with the repair.