Z in for tyres @ Protyre = snapped bolt :(

Lee-Bmth

Hey All,

So took my 350 in at Protyre in Poole, as the steering wheel was pointing left and the car was going straight. So seeing tyres had seen better days, I got them to do it all tracking etc, Falkens FK452 was the tyre of choice for each corner.

Then after an hour of waiting around I get the "Excuse me sir, can you follow me"

Uh ohhhhhhhhhh :scare:

Walked up to my car up, which was high up on the ramps, and the bolt on the rear that helps adjust the camber? which they have to rotate had snapped. They didnt like the look of the otherside as that was corroded just as bad. They couldn't apply heat to it, due to the rubber in the joint could get damaged. So I had to leave my car there since Sat (And its still there now) .

I was warned before leaving that sourcing the said "Bolt" x 2 (Could be a day, or 2 weeks as the car is an import) surely not! lol. I really dont want to drive her home with some bolt they find in the garage as a temp fix, as the camber will be out. Sorry if not technical on description here, Im not sure what this bolt is called? I cant believe the UK / Jap model is different in this area? Any advice welcomed

Cheers All

Lee

I had the same issue!!!! Luckily for me they didn't apply extreme force or heat it as they knew what the consequences would be and just asked me to come back after getting it sorted. Luckily they didn't as I wouldn't want to keep my car at a garage for a few days! :surrender:

Thanks to CS, all got sorted :)

Seems as though most Zeds suffer this issue.