Bose Amp Wiring - Help

MattyV6

Hi all,

Im trying to fit an aftermarket amp into my Zed but still use the stock Bose speakers (and wiring) for now.

All I need to know is what wires on the Bose amp plug are for Front Left & Right speakers, and the Amp Remote turn on.

From trawling the web I've found that the following wires should be right;

Front Left Positive = Brown

Front Left Negative = Black/Red

Front Right Postive = Black

Front Right Negative = White

Now the problem is I cant see a Black wire anywhere on my loom, I do have a White one though. I also cant find a Black/Red wire, but I do have a Brown one :lol:

I've noticed also on the plugs that one has wires labeled A, B, C, D, E, F etc (the white plug), and the other has A1, A2, A3 and B1, B2, B3 etc (black/blue plug), but I still cant find anything that relates to this :(

The car is a 2004 UK GT. Does anyone know what colour/number/letter wires I need to be using here?

Thanks

Matt

I would strongly suggest you rewire any aftermarket amp in, decent wire isn't that expensive, who do only half a job :shrug:

Taken from 350z-tech.com -

Q: Can I just replace the factory amp with an aftermarket one?

A: Yes and No. The Bose amplifier is wired much differently than other aftermarket amplifiers. It is possible to catch the input and output signals at the Bose amp, but wire splicing will be required. Power cables will also be required. Most aftermarket amplifiers will not fit in the OEM location.

I know that. This is only a temporary thing before major audio work takes place. As you can see I've already run some other cables too.

Im just sticking in a small Genesis Profile Four amp in place of the Bose, as since replacing the HU (couldnt cope with the skipping any longer lol :lol:) the sound has been crap! No bass at all hardly, and generally not as loud.

My headunit already has 4V outputs tho :blink: And the volume is only half the issue, the bass is severely lacking compared to with the Bose headunit, and no EQ rectifies it.

Anyway... I've now managed to resolve this after finding a European Service Manual online :D (from Russia in the end haha!) For anyone else with an 03/04 MY who would like to know the wiring it is the following;

12v Power = Thicker Yellow with Red stripe

Ground = Thicker Black

Remote = Green/Yellow (there are 2 of these, its the one nearer the edge of the plug)

Front Left Positive = Blue/White

Front Left Negative = Blue/Yellow

Front Right Positive = Light Green

Front Right Negative = Black/Yellow

Rear Left Positive = Orange

Rear Left Negative = Purple

Rear Right Positive = Yellow

Rear Right Negative = Grey

I've now got the Genesis Profile Four running in place of the stock Bose amp(s). Im running my own dedicated speaker wire to the subwoofer, and have run RCA leads from my headunit. With gains set to minimum it is louder and clearer than the Bose ever was. It is blatantly obvious that the Bose has a LOT of automated EQ present though, in comparison to the flat EQ set up that I now have.

I hope this helps someone out in the future as it took me bloody ages to find the wiring haha!

• 1 month later...

Just as an update to this, after some tweaking time with the amp the system sounds amazing! Much louder, cleaner & clearer than the stock Bose amp/HU combo. Plus I have the ability to change the sub woofer volume independently which is nice. Best thing though is that the small Genesis P4 amp runs without a hitch off the stock Bose power cabling :D

I have to say that despite most people slating the stock Bose system, I was really really impressed by it! Especially after adding a decent amp to the system, but even completely stock it is a good sounding system IMO! The sub hits hard and sounds nice for most normal music. When you consider how small it is and how it doesn't actually have an enclosure as such it works well! There are a few rattles but that's just Japanese cars in my experience lol, and can't be blamed on the audio!

I have been dont worry :) Its perfectly fine and hasnt even popped the stock 15A fuse under the bonnet. The Genesis only draws a MAX of 23A if all 4 channels are run at 2ohm or Bridged. Currently only using 3 channels as all Bose speakers are 2ohm and the Genesis isnt 2ohm stable in Bridged mode.

Things have changed a bit install wise now though as we are heading up to Modified Nationals this weekend to compete in dBDrag & Propper Droppers. Thrown one of my old RE Audio XXX15s in the back temporarily :D