Stereo upgrade, options options options!

elrao

I have been trying to piece together what I want from the ICE in my car and think I have my list of initial requirements (i have a non-Bose UK car):

Double Din Screen

DVD Playback

iPod control

Ability to link in a bluetooth car kit

SatNav (not on the same screen the music is controlled by)

More bass

Steering wheel controls

I have most of this covered with my planned install, which is the IVA-W200ri head unit, (which gives me the screen, DVD playback and the ipod control) and an Infinity Basslink sub behind my seat. The HU will be connected to the steering wheel through a PAC-SWI ALP allowing some of the steering wheel controls to work also.

SatNav will be handled by my TomTom 700 which is good enough (for now) and am planning on hardwiring this into the Sat Nav cubby hole above the stereo.

What I am struggling with is the bluetooth hands free. My car has the integrated blue tooth adapter, which I do like! However I can not see anyway of keeping this and connecting it into the Alpine head unit. The HU has a phone in lead, but this is just a signal to mute the audio, there doesn't appear to be anyway of getting the sound into the HU to get it out of the speakers. Unless the "audio interupt in" actually carries the audio from the phone to the HU and the HU switches to the audio on this cable when there is a signal (but there is no return path, it is only one wire!??).

One alternative is to replace the bluetooth kit with an aftermarket one, like the Sony Ericsson one, however I would like to try to use the OEM one if possible, any ideas on how to achieve this? Anyone got a wiring diagram for how the car kit is wired into the car and the steering wheel?