Bikes (the pedal type) & 2012 in general

Ruddles

As Summer is rolling in (apparantly) and I'm pretty much content with how my Zed is looking and driving.

This year and next It's all about the penny saving including a mass of holidays; Turkey with mates, Eygpt with the g/f (payback for Turkey with mates :lol: ) and Canada boarding next year.

With the extra copper I've set about putting my money into something worthwhile...my bike. Quitting smoking earlier in January and on a whole new 'health-kick' I think it's a great hobby to get back into.

I have a Kona Shred (a dirt jump bike initially, although now being used more for XC and Downhill status). Just purchased a rear Hope M4 brake with a floating saw rotor 183mm, fitted today and went out with a friend around the local trails. Can't fault it, works a treat!! :#1: ..

... I do have a slight niggle though if anyone bicycl'y-mided may shed some light. Being a post mount rear I had to use an adaptor for the caliper however, the pads are only in connection with about 2/3's of the rotor width. I can't see any other problem other than the wrong size caliper mount adaptor.

In conclusion there's a question in my essay :blush: of course, but all in all just wondering what other people have on their plate for the year hobbies /holiday ~ise!